An effortless, very simple, and super quick okra fry that is ready in a matter of minutes with only five ingredients (other than okra and salt, of course!)! It is vegan, keto-friendly, and gluten-free.
Now with this easy-peasy recipe and the convenience of Shana, you can make perfectly delicious, flavorsome, and non-sticky okra stir fry in under 30 minutes.
So, let’s get started.
- 2 packs of Shana Sliced Okra Rings
- 1/2 medium onion cubed
- 1 tsp of whole cumin
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
How to make quick bhindi fry
This is a fairly straightforward recipe that you can prepare for any last-minute guests or hangry family members. If you’re using Shana Okra, you don’t need to put extra time and effort into cutting (that’s already done) so it’s easy all the way!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Add oil to a hot pan and fry the onions until they are caramelized. The onions will be fried in about the same time it takes to thaw the okra. Just don’t forget the onions while you’re busy with the okra!
- Add the cumin and dry red chillies to the frying onions.
- Once the onions are reddish brown in colour, add the okra and turmeric and leave it to cook, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes.
- Give it a good stir with a wooden spoon every now and then to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. You don’t need to add water, as the frozen okra will cook on its own.
- Finally, add salt as per your taste. Give it a quick mix, and voila! It’s done!
- Serve the okra with any naan, chapati, paratha, or rice for a complete meal.
No more sticky bhindi, yay!
Like okra dishes and recipes? Try this simple Okra with Cashew Nuts or get Middle Eastern flavors with the Bamya Okra recipe. They are full of flavor!